Saturday, July 19, 2008
Bittersweet Symphony
I am sitting here with my little Maddy (2 almost 3)at my side, as always, just thinking about how much has changed in my life in the past seven years. Since then I have: Moved cross country, met and married the man of my dreams, found a lifetime career (cosmetology), battled cancer and won, had two beautiful girls, and all in less than a decade! Sometimes I think back and wish I still looked like the bubbly, energetic, spontaneous girl that I was, (pictured above) but I am happy with where I am at this stage of my life, and wouldnt change a thing. Cameron and I married young, and in a way, we still had some growing up to do together, maybe me more than him, still, we had a blast as newly weds and did so many fun things together. He's truly my best friend and theres no one else I would rather spend time with. I think those first three years were blissful, no worries. After Madelyn was born, we struggled with health and finances, and had some trials that we were able to overcome, that sort of cemented our relationship in a way that only hardship can do, if endured well. Maddy and Kaitlyn, our little treasures, have both blessed our family in ways I cannot even begin to describe. Maddy (my "brown eyed girl")has always been my little supporter, and keeps me on my toes and helps me remember to notice the small and beautiful things about life. There was never a butterfly or a bird that flew unnoticed by Maddy. Every day is a wonderful adventure and a miracle to her. Kaitlyn, although she cannot talk yet, is all smiles. I have never known a baby with a sunnier disposition. When she smiles, her whole face lights up, and her eyes sparkle. Her sweetness is almost tangible, when I am snugglin' her and we just melt into one! She is what I call the calm after the storm. The Lord must have known that I needed smiles to heal. I am so tickled by my cute little family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Denise, We haven't had much of a chance to get to know each other, but I have enjoyed reading about you and your family. As I read the summary of your last 7 years in this blog, I realized how very much my family is missing of your family's ups and downs. I want you to know (and Cameron to know) how much I love you guys and that if there is EVER anything I can do to help, please let me know. My dad and Cam's dad aren't very close, but the kids used to spend a lot of time together, and I can speak for myself and my siblings when I say "We want our family/friends back" I hope/wish our kids can get to know each other and grow up together the way Cameron's family and mine did. Keep up the good work, you are such a wonderful girl (woman). Thank you for "letting me in" your life with your blog. Cousin Becki
Post a Comment