Monday, July 21, 2008

A moment of calm....

Wow, did I find a way to relieve stress! I did about a half hour of yoga today and about cried, it was so relaxing. I am desperate to lose some baby pounds, but I just injured my ankle a few days ago and I needed something that wasnt high impact, ya know? It was quite comical at first, because I am very tight in the hamstrings (sp?). Pretty soon, after a short warm up, I started to loosen up and was enjoying it immensly. I didnt get but half way through it, and was pooped. It didnt matter, relaxation achieved! Just remembering to breath was enough. Of course, it helped that the little squirts were peacefully slumbering during their naptime, which on this day happened to be at the same time. (It's very hit and miss for them both.) I enjoyed every moment of it, and I am definitely going to keep it up. I noticed a lot more energy late in the day. Hopefully tomorrow I will get a little farther with out tiring. Speaking of tiring, Cameron is so so busy with work going from sun up to almost sun down most days that I hardly see him. It is really wearing him down, mentally almost more than physically. Its hard not being able to have every day contact for more than an hour or so, me being busy with dinner (I usually eat alone or with Madelyn), baths, bedtime with the girls every night. I miss my best friend. I miss cuddling on the couch and watching funny sitcoms and scary movies. I miss hearing Maddy's laughter in the backround, knowing that he is torturing her with tickles. Or Kaitlyn's coos and baby words, and I know that he is leaning just close enough for her hand to reach out and touch his face. It hurts to feel like you are living a separate life, yet both lives so crucial to the other's survival. Both of us to exausted from our jobs to really connect at the end of the day. I know that there is light at the end of the tunnel, that we will have ample time to make up for it during the holidays. I hope and pray that the stress will not linger, that we can somehow just slip into our "real" lives and the time when we can feel like a family again without too much transition. I am so ready for summer to be over. I never thought I would actually prefer the fall and winter over spring and summer, but I do. Bring on the winds of change!

1 comment:

I was once called...Sunshine Tornado Cloudy said...

Nees...I just want to gather you all up and hug you! I know exactly what you're going through. I just told Mike the other day that I feel like we're just roommates half the time. But...this isn't permanent and I know its where we are supposed to be right now. You do such a great job with the girls and the house and yourself. Cam is lucky to have you on the "homefront".