I just wanted to share this experience I had yesterday...
I was doing my big shopping trip for the month (I have started to plan out the meals for one month ahead in order to cut our grocery bill. It does! Then I just go weekly for fresh items and milk. http://www.householdnotebook.com is a great resource to start your own planning notebook! Anyway.........)
I was loaded up to the top of one shopping cart, bags squished anywhere I could fit them. I dont think I have ever bought that many groceries at one time! It took quite an effort to push the car clear out to our car, because I am one of those parking snobs who parks away from anyone.....(you would've been proud, Cam.)
Just as I was reaching my car, I turned to see an old Native American man hobbling toward me pushing his cart in front of him. He told me that I had left one of my bags back at the register. He also felt it necessary to explain:"You see, I recognized it was you who had left it because I noticed your little girl and saw you out here...." I recognized him as well, because Maddy heard a aldy that was with him speaking their native language to another lady, and she was trying to copy it. I quickly thanked him and got the girls back out of the car again and loaded into the cart. I pushed the already too heavy cart back into the store, for some reason I didnt think to unload first...duh. As I was going back to the store, I passed the man loading his grocery bags into his car. He was parked way in the front. He had pushed his cart clear out to my car to tell me I had left one bag! And I can just see him chasing me clear out there, and I'm totally unaware he is trying to catch me!lol
I was so impressed that he had come clear out to my car to tell me this. I dont think he thought anything of it. I was so glad he had, because after that exhausting shopping spree, the last thing I would want to do when I got home was go back to the store after applesauce. Maddy was ready for a nap and Kaitlyn was fussing to get out of her chair. It was a simple thing this man did, but it had a great impact on my day.
I hope I can see the opportunities to help strangers and hopefully pass on the kindness this man showed me. I think it is the small things we do to help others that make the biggest difference.
1 comment:
Denise- I love this story... I need to get some receipes from you so I can plan my meals. How can you plan meals for the entire month??? I have a hard enough time planning one meal.
Post a Comment