Wednesday, February 18, 2009

27 years!

Wow, I am coming up on another birthday on Friday and its strange to be nearing the last years of my twenties. Where did it all go? When I think about it though, I have good memories of being married, working, and expanding the family. I feel like we've had so many good memories so far in our married lives (April 27th will be 8 years!), but also I feel a sense of accomplishment and feel like without even verbalizing it that I have accomplished many goals that I had set my heart on when I was younger. I have always had the desire to marry and have children and form my own family. I remember as a kid even, picking out names for my future kids. (And Madelyn just happened to be one of them...talk about ironic)It was fun to finish cosmetology school and finally find a salon where I could have my own clients and enjoy my co-workers. I worked very hard to make my money and even harder at finding ways to spend it! :) Hey, I didnt say that I was totally responsible then, just had a lot of fun! I also enjoyed the transition to being a SAHM, and having two amazing and smart little daughters. It was a complete lifestyle change, and I have to say that it has taught me some great life lessons so far. It has been a million times more rewarding to put my energy into loving and caring for my girls, and the spontaneity and adventure of life has only gotten sweeter! These two little "personalities" keep me on my toes! I am so totally thankful and blessed to have such a caring, forgiving, and easy-going husband who loves the Lord and honors his Priesthood. He is a one in a million catch, and I am forever grateful I had enough sense at 18 to not let him get away!Our love has only gotten stronger and although we've made mistakes, we've definitely grown together!:)
I hope to make 27 something wonderful and keep striving to "be a little better" everyday.

No comments: