Ok, so maybe this verges on neglect, but she was happy! I promise! Not even the slightest whine! Now before you go and call social services on me, let me explain. This was for her own health and safety as I was embarking on the sickest and most nauseating cleaning experience of my life. And so it goes.....
Ok, its been about four months since the first sighting. About a month later there were two in one week, and then we set traps and they were caught. We thought.....
Another few weeks and there were noises. Strange scratching noises late at night...the kind that make you shudder with grossed outness. After investigating further we discovered that they were hiding out under the stairs in a storage closet. In a hole. In the wall. Great.
Now what? If you couldn't guess by now, I am talking about mice. Yuck. Sticky traps and crawling babies and cuious toddlers do not mix. So this is where Ally the Cat comes into play. A kitty from the streets destined to heroicly rid our entire house of vermin. So its been what, a month? We havent seen or heard from the little rodents since the kitty came home. I have cleaned nooks and crannys and what not and found plenty of evidence of their partying and family gatherings. All gone, so I thought. Today I glanced down into my pantry and saw some major dust bunnies hovering around the small water storage I had "temporarily" put there one year ago. I have cleaned it out several times, I promise. Just not in the last six months....
Anyway, upon lifting some items up I saw the most horrific sight I havever laid eyes on. I am so seriously grossed out and even ashamed to admit that this was in my house, but we've come this far and I can't leave you wondering, can I??
Well, I saw mouse droppings! AHHHHH!! I dont even mean a few little spots. It was a lot. A great lot.
Ok now that this is out in the open, you are really going to want to call social services on me, but please hear me out. We are talking past tense. The "droppings" and I am gagging at even typing the word....are gone. I wiped, scoured, sprayed, scrubbed, anthing I could do and every kind of cleaner I could find until there was no trace of "IT". (shudder)
I couldn't bear the garbage sack containing the remains to even be in the confines of my house.
So its done and I am much relieved. Thank you again to my patient little baby and to my helpful Big Kid, who stayed out of my way and tried to Sweeper the floor for me while I was bent over in the midst of the horror. Today the pantry, tomorrow.....the fridge! Now that might be scary.
Please see picture for proof.


No comments:
Post a Comment