Despite all my complaints about summer, we are having a little bit of fun now and then ;)
I have realized I havent been posting very many pictures and I need to do a little catching up!
First off, I have been blindsighted b a little Dru who decided when she was 13 months to all of the sudden start walking. That was back in April. I think Maddy is going to have to give up the title of "busiest kid" and han it down to little sister. I did not expect this to happen! But I guess I should have known it was only a matter of time before she let loose. And she is a climber! Not ready for that either. Have to think of new ways to childproof, as the childproof cupboard hooks do NOT work anymore. she simply pulls on them with brute force until they open and then gets to work emptying the contents. Drawers? No problem! She can reach light switches and things set on the edge of the kitchen counter. She started climbing on top of the counter and so we turned the bar stools over. Two weeks later she has discovered how to push them over, sumo squat, and lift them upright. Then she proceeds to climb up. Just this morning, she scooted one uprighted stool over to where I had a huge bowl of zuchini bread batter mixed up and sat there ready to put her hands in it. (If you are reading this and you got some of the muffind, dont worry. She didnt succeed.) Wow. Right now she is unhappily sitting in her high chair wishing she could get out. I am a mean mom I guess, because I am going to type this blog post first!
Ok, is there some unspoken mom secret I am missing? I feel so frustrated at the lack of time I have to do anything productive. (do I really have to wake up at five a.m.? That is what I am going to resort to next. Some of you may laugh at this because you have been doing it for years. )
Maddy has discovered going outside on her own, which is not a good thing while I am in the shower. I dont mind her playing in the backyard but I am one of those overprotective moms who doesnt think a there year old should be outside by herself without a fence surrounding her. Just my opinion. So luckily there is the chain lock on the front door she cant reach and hopefully I have remembered to keep the garage door shut. Its been quite an interesting summer in that way. I dont think I have ever seen my house so unorganized and dirty in my entire married life. Ask Cam, I am driving him crazy worrying about it. I guess sometimes you have to let go.
Anyway,
I apologize for the lack of pictures this summer. This is all I have time to post!They are pretty cute, after all!
No comments:
Post a Comment