Tuesday, March 30, 2010

March Madness!

It all started when I was talking to Cameron one long boring cold afternoon. For once I was bored and I am not sure why this bothered me. But it did! Cameron had long been dropping hints at going down to the NCAA tourney in Salt Lake. I will admit this did not appeal to me at first, but with the promise of shopping and P.F. Changs I gave in pretty fast! We got tickets for the Kansas-State vs. Butler game on Saturday March 27th. we planned a day date and secured the babysitting. (which I am so lucky to have such wonderful in-laws!)

We drove down in the morning and did some shopping, ( and I did NOT buy the lipstick...lol) Then it was game time! I was intrigued by the whole Butler story, but a little sad too, for them. K-state had just come off a double overtime win over Xavier. I was watching the Wildcats warm up and almost had my mind made up that it was going to be a pathetic loss for Butler. I couldnt be more wrong! WOWeeee!
I dont have the time or energy to give you details but it went the other way. Butler won and made history. (Fun facts: The Butler team practices on the same court featured in the movie Hoosiers. Kinda cool. Cam and I have a special fondness for that movie....haha!  I found out later from Cameron that the total enrollment for Butler is only 4500. Whaaat? You heard me! I mean read me!)

I cannot remember enjoying a game like that in a long time. And it was kind of more fun to be neutral. I didnt care who won or lost, (although now I am glad it turned out the way it did) I just wanted to watch some good basketball, and I was not dissapointed.
Best of all I was with my sweetie and we had one the best dates ever! It was a perfect day I will never forget! Thanks honey! Maybe I will let you take me to another one in a few years!
 Here's us, the odd looking people not wearing purple. (I think the k-state fans outnumbered the Butler crowd AND the neutrals like us by about 3 to 1!)
arent we cute?

1 comment:

Misty Dube said...

Super cute! I miss you guys!