Monday, October 13, 2008

Birthday Weekend

Over the weekend our family went to Salt Lake City to get away and to celebrate Madelyn's third birthday. We were planning on going to the Build a Bear at the Gateway mall but the weather did not cooperate with us. This mall is an open air mall and all access to the stores are out in the open so we thought it better to go down south a few miles to the Fashion Place Mall where they had another Build a Bear AND Cheesecake Factory so it worked out fine. We went straight to to the mall before checking in to our hotel in downtown S.L. because we were starving and didnt want to wait to get Maddy her "new kitty". Build a Bear was pretty much vacant so it didnt take her long to pick out a kitty and an outfit for her kitty to wear. I should have known she would pick a pink Cat with a pink outfit! It was too cute. After she was stuffed and had her little outfit on, we asked Maddy what she wanted to name her kitty. "Ruffie the kitty", she whispered. What? I asked her again and she didnt say anything so I assumed she didnt know what she wanted to name it. I aasked her if "Princess Kitty" was a good name and she agreed. Later in the car we asked her again what the name was and she loudly proclaimed, "RUFFIE THE KITTY!" OH, well ok! I will take her seriously next time. ;)



We decided to get a snack at the food court and I ran into Melanie Furniss who I used to work with at Carlisle Beauty Co.. It so funny how we always see people we know when we go to S.L. no matter what.
Cheesecake factory was good. I had the Bang-Bang Chicken and Shrimp and it turned out to be pretty good but they dont put enough shrimp in it! Cameron ordered the Crispy Spicy Beef again and loved it. We were really full after eating that, but agreed to share a piece of cheesecake. The waiter suggested a wild blueberry one that was really good. I was so sick and full by the time that got ate that I seriously had a side ache walking out to the car. YUM!



That was it for Friday. On Saturday we went to temple square and were stupid enough to not bring coats. (The girls were wearing theirs) It was probably in the forties and raining. We ran to the visitors center and toured for a while waiting for it to let up some. Maddy thought the visitors center was pretty neat, when we got reay to go outside she said, "Mom, Dad, thank you for taking me to Disneyland!" Oh dear! I think she was a little confused. I think she just felt really good to be there and didnt know how to express it. We hurried and made a loop around the temple and tried not to get wet. A nice man with a Chicago Bear's hat offered to take a picture for us in front of the reflection pool. Maybe Maddy thought that the temple looked like Cinderella's castle...who knows. She was having a good time with it, even though it was a little cold! I still am in awe of it when you see how well it was built and look at the architecture. But, no matter what temple you visit, big or small, they all serve the same purpose inside.

Nap time!

Lunch at Olive Garden.....Maddy says this place looks like Grandma's house.


I'm in a high chair! Yea!



The End!

2 comments:

I was once called...Sunshine Tornado Cloudy said...

Nees, you all look smashing...like the perfect family! sounds like a super great weekend getaway. The girls are so cute I just ache from missing them. And Maddy's little things she says and does are unforgettable!

Kris and Collette Scott said...

Those pix are so cute. I love the one of Maddee and Drus sitting on the bed. Very cute. Madee says the funniest things. Looks like you had a great time.