Thursday, October 2, 2008

Pictures and Pizza

I decided to have our friday night pizza on Thursday this week since we will be gone for the next few days. I improvised a pizza crust that turned out to be really good!

30 minute pizza crust:

1 1/2 C warm water
1 packet quick-rise yeast
1 tsp sugar

Mix these and let yeast dissolve a minute. Then mix in:

3 cups flour
2 tsp salt

Use another cup of flour for kneading to prevent sticking. Knead for 3 minutes. Place back in bowl and put a dash of olive oil on top. Turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap coated with cooking spray and let rise 30 minutes in a warm place. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. After it has risen, knead again and put on pizza pan. My favorite is a non-stick deep dish pan. Cook crust in hot oven for five to six minutes. Remove and top with toppings. Return to oven for ten minutes. Makes a perfect thick and crispy crust.


I would have more pictures of family and things, but my camera is ancient and only has 4.2 or something megapixels. Pretty sad! I hope to be able to get a new camera and take better pics someday!

No comments: