If you didnt know already, I love to cook and bake. (I love to make things from scratch when I have the time) This last week I revisited an old favorite "guy" whose recipes are quick and easy and taste like take out, and are usually healthier. If you are constantly trying to figure out a way to use that leftover rice, chicken or you are constantly throwing away vegetables that go bad, it would be worth your time to take a peek. You dont have to be practiced and you dont have to have a small army of kitchen gadgets. This guy's fancy finish? A white serving dish. I dont know, maybe it makes the food THAT MUCH BETTER. I wouldnt know, I dont own one. But its worth a try.Plus, I discovered a whole bunch of really cool, inexpensive ingredients at the grocery store that I was snubbing.
I got hooked watching his quirky show on Discovery Health because his down to earth ways and vocabulary are relatable. Plus, the recipes are actually GOOD and are good for the cooking expert or the challenged (as am I). Now that we have tv sans the "DISH" I am missing my DH, but am getting by. Thats why we have internet everyone! (and thank goodness we do or I would begin to wonder if I was still here!)Anyway, now would be a good time to stop torturing yourself with this boring blog and go cook something!http://health.discovery.com/fansites/sam-zien/sam-zien.html
No comments:
Post a Comment