Friday, April 10, 2009

My new hobby...

Since my quest began to re-learn crocheting, I have somewhat successfully finished the head to a stuffed toy I am making for a gift. Well, one of two stuffed toys. It was a little hard to understand at first, but after a few tries I started to get the hang of it. After looking at several online instructionals, I still wasnt getting the picture. I bought a book of amigurumi (Google it) patterns and the artist/auther of the book explained perfectly how to do simple crochet stitched needed for the toys. The trick to forming the animals bodies is doing a continuous round of stitches and having to keep an eye on your starting point. And trying to keep count is a little tricky with a little girl looking over your shoulder and asking you questions. (she is so curious!) If any of you are interested in crocheting, and are looking for a new project, I highly recommend the book. Just send me word and I will give you the name. I was able to learn in a few hours. And if I can do it, anyone can. I attempted to post a picture of the unstuffed head, however could not do so due to a battery shortage. Will keep posting my progress!

No comments: