Last week was a learning experience that I will never forget. Unfortunately, Denise came down with the stomach flu and was very sick. I knew she wasn't doing very well when she didn't have the strength to even hold Dru (I call Kaitlyn 'Dru' since Dru is her middle name). All at once the "motherly" responsibilities fell on me and even though I help Denise when I am not busy with work, it is completely different doing it all by myself, while taking care of Denise at the same time.
I don't want to go into all of the details of my experience, but I do want to reflect on my feelings of love, respect, admiration, and appreciation for my wife and her divine calling to be a mother. Prophets have said many times that the highest calling on the earth is that of a mother. "Motherhood is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service assumed by mankind. It places her who honors its holy calling and service next to angels." Mothers carry many of the same attributes as the Savior Himself. Attributes such as charity, patience, kindness, long-suffering, unselfishness, and slow to anger. I am so thankful for my wife because she is that kind of mother. She, like many other women, has dedicated her life to her children. I feel so blessed that I have a job that allows Denise to be at home and care and nurture for our children.
A story writes, "She broke the bread into two fragments and gave them to her children who ate with eagerness. 'She hath kept none for herself,' grumbled the sergeant. 'Because she is not hungry,' said a soldier. 'No,' said the sergeant, 'because she is a mother.'" Need I write more?
Although it is not mothers day, or any other special occasion, I wish to express my deep, heart-felt appreciation for my wife. She is an angel sent from God and I am so thankful she has accepted her divine role and calling as a mother. I am a better person because of her and her example of love, obedience, and strength.
We are blessed to have such an angel in our lives.
Cameron
1 comment:
Cameron, that was so sweet and it made me think of what a nice guy you always were in school. This is Jamie and I found you on someone else's blog. Glad you found a good wife!
Post a Comment